When a mistake made by a doctor, nurse or hospital results in an injury, it is known as medical negligence. People that are injured by medical negligence can seek compensation by filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury at the hands of a doctor or any other medical professional, an experienced medical negligence lawyer can help.
Contact a San Diego medical malpractice attorney at The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. to schedule a free review of your case.
Types of Medical Mistakes
A medical negligence attorney can help with a wide variety of medical negligence claims, including:
- A missed or delayed diagnosis is critical when dealing with situations involving heart attacks or strokes, and also with conditions like cancer while still at a treatable stage.
- Surgical errors can include performing unnecessary surgeries, operating on the wrong part of the body, leaving surgical instruments inside the body, and unintentional lacerations or perforations of internal organs or blood vessels.
- Anesthesia errors such as administering drugs to which the patient is allergic, failure to monitor properly, and administering too much or insufficient anesthetic. Similarly, errors with prescriptions are also common.
- Birth injuries, including failure to perform a timely c-section, improper use of forceps or suction devices and complications with induced labor.
- Failure to treat a person in a timely manner in emergency situations.
- Medication errors, including prescribing the wrong type or dose of a medication.
Injuries from Medical Negligence
When a doctor, nurse, or other health care provider makes a mistake, the consequences can be devastating. Failing to diagnose symptoms of a heart attack can result in death and surgical errors can lead to infections and sepsis, excessive blood loss, organ damage and death.
Errors with prescriptions and anesthesia can cause serious allergic reactions and death. Many lawsuits over birth injuries involve permanent disabilities like cerebral palsy that can affect the child for his/her entire life.
San Diego Medical Negligence Claims
Medical malpractice is a highly specialized and complex area of law. It is important to consult an experienced attorney who understands the laws in your state. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced and skilled medical negligence attorney in San Diego, contact The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock today.
Compensation can include medical expenses, pain and suffering, and punitive damages. Contact a San Diego medical negligence attorney to find out if you qualify today.