If you or someone you love is injured while walking on the sidewalk, through a parking lot, while crossing the street, or in any other circumstance as a pedestrian, you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney about your right to seek compensation for your injuries. To schedule a consultation with a qualified San Diego pedestrian accident attorney, contact The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. today.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Many scenarios can result in a pedestrian accident. An attorney who represents pedestrians understands the possible circumstances and factors that contribute to or affect pedestrian accidents, including:
- lack of crossing aids such as stoplights and crosswalks
- inadequate sidewalks, lack of sidewalks, lack of road shoulder
- the volume and speed of traffic; traffic pattern problems
- weather conditions, especially ice, snow and rain
- road construction
- vehicle issues — e.g., buses, trucks, trains
- driver conduct — e.g., alcohol or drug use, erratic driving, phone use, speeding, sleeping at the wheel, driving too fast for conditions
- pedestrian behavior — e.g., jaywalking, texting, alcohol/drug use, stepping into traffic
Every pedestrian accident is unique. Whether the injured is an adult or a child, a pedestrian accident attorney will take into account all of the contributing factors and will help the injured person seek the compensation he or she needs and deserves. In many cases, compensation is appropriate for matters such as medical bills, lost work time, and in fatal cases, much more.
Even if a particular claim involves conduct on the part of the pedestrian that contributed to the accident, compensation may be appropriate.
Contact a San Diego Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Thousands of pedestrian accidents occur each year in the U.S., many of which result in serious injuries and death. If you or someone you love has been hit by a car, contact San Diego pedestrian accident attorney Melinda Helbock to find out if you qualify to seek compensation for your injuries.