A catastrophic injury lawyer represents individuals who have suffered a serious personal injury such as a severe burn or the loss of a limb, or a traumatic event that resulted in a disability or death. The suffering caused by a catastrophic injury can be the basis of a lawsuit or legal claim for compensation.
If you or someone you love has suffered a catastrophic injury, you might qualify for financial compensation. To speak with a qualified attorney in the San Diego area, contact The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. today.
Whether the injury is the result of an accident or someone’s intentional behavior, the injured person, or the family of someone that is severely injured or killed, may be entitled to seek compensation for losses such as:
- medical bills — both immediate and long-term, including medication, treatments and live-in care
- rehabilitation — physical, mental and occupational
- long-term care, whether in a facility or at home
- lost income from missing work (immediate and long-term)
- out-of-pocket costs such as help in and around the home
- the loss of a loved one (and in the case of wage-earners such as parents, the loss of their financial contribution to the family)
- emotional suffering and decreased quality of life
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
The many types of catastrophic injuries that we handle at The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. include:
- severe burns (e.g. from an explosion, fire or other industrial accident)
- neurological damage
- loss of a limb
- spinal cord injuries
- traumatic brain injuries
- broken bones
- crush injuries
- injuries that result in permanent disabilities
Such catastrophic injuries (and resulting deaths) may be due to events (catastrophes, actually) such as vehicle crashes, intentional harm, explosions, fires, or a building’s collapse. The details of each catastrophic injury case make it unique, and the determination of fault or negligence should be accomplished by a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer.
Contact a San Diego Catastrophic Injury Attorney
If you or someone you love has suffered from a catastrophic injury, whether in circumstances that would be considered an accident, or from someone’s intentional harm, it’s in your best interests to discuss your situation with a San Diego personal injury lawyer.
To find out if you qualify to pursue damages, please schedule a free case review by contacting The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. today.