A storm is expected to hit San Diego County this weekend, starting Friday night. According to the National Weather Service, the storm is expected to bring about 2 inches of snow to San Diego County’s mountains and several inches of rain across the county.With the storm on the horizon, personal injury attorney Melinda Helbock offers safe driving tips to help you prepare for the stormy conditions ahead. Heavy rain can make it more difficult to see other vehicles, road signs and debris in the road.
Safe Driving Tips for Wet Roads
- Check your tires as bald tires can reduce your traction on wet roads
- Slow down and keep enough distance between you and the car ahead as slick roads can make it more difficult to stop or adjust
- Try to stay in the middle lanes when driving on the freeway as water tends to accumulate in the outside lanes
- Avoid driving too close to large trucks or buses as the spray from large tires can make it more difficult to see
- When slowing down, take your foot off the accelerator slowly and avoid slamming on the brakes
- Be more attentive and watch for brake lights ahead
- Turn your headlights on when raining, even if it is not completely dark; this will make you more visible to other drivers on the road
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in San Diego Today
There are certain precautions you can take when driving in stormy conditions. But, sometimes it is impossible to avoid other aggressive and/or reckless drivers on the road. If you are involved in an auto accident because of another driver’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries.To schedule a consultation with an experienced auto accident lawyer, please contact Melinda Helbock today.