Automobile crashes are the leading cause of personal injury in the U.S. If you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation if the accident was caused by a defective auto part or another driver’s negligence. To find out if you qualify to file a claim, contact a San Diego Car accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. today.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are several factors that can result in a car accident San Diego, including:
- Driver error, including aggressive driving, inattention due to cell phones, disregard for the rules of the road, fatigued driving and drunk driving
- Hazardous road conditions, including construction, pot holes and obstructions on the roadways
- Defective automobile parts such as faulty tires and failed brakes
- Inadequate car repairs may involve claims against government entities, auto manufacturers, or automobile repair shops
In cases of drunk driving, negligence is easy to prove. Other cases such as those involving defective auto parts and inadequate car repairs can be much more complicated and difficult to prove. These complex car accident claims require the knowledge and skill of an experienced car accident lawyer San Diego who will be able to determine the exact cause of the accident and prove negligence.
Compensation for the Injured
Personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle collisions can provide the following types of compensation:
- Medical Expenses – this can include the immediate cost of treatment and the cost of any future medical care that the injury necessitates
- Lost Income – this can include any lost wages that you incur while recovering from your injuries as well as lost future earning potential if you are unable to return to work
- Pain and suffering – a claim may be made for physical pain or mental anguish that results from the injury
Contact a San Diego Car Accident Attorney
After you have been involved in an auto accident, you should immediately seek medical attention and then contact a lawyer to protect your rights. The other driver’s auto insurance company may try to pressure you to settle, but that may not be in your best interest.
To speak to an experienced San Diego auto accident lawyer about the details of your case, please contact The Law Offices of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. We offer free case reviews for injured patients and their families and will explain all your legal rights and options. Call today to schedule a free review of your case.