If you or someone you love is harmed by a defective or unsafe product, you may be entitled to compensation. The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C. represents individuals and families throughout San Diego who have been harmed by a broad range of defective or unsafe products, including car parts, children’s toys, playground equipment, machinery and more.
To find out if you have a claim, contact our product liability attorneys in San Diego today.
Dangerous Products & Liability
It is only reasonable that manufacturers be held liable for the safety of their products and when they fail to produce safe products, they should bear the consequences. Forcing a manufacturer to pay damages, whether they are for defective seat belts, dangerous cribs, or unsafe drugs, benefits society in a couple of ways.
First, the person who is damaged is compensated. Second, defective product lawsuits protect the public from careless manufacturers who are required to pay when something goes wrong. Such lawsuits help to keep manufacturers in line, revise products to make them safe, or recall products when necessary.
Types of Product Defects
Almost any product can be defective. Some defects may be harmless and are of no consequence. Other defects can put someone’s life in danger or make them sick. There are three kinds of defects than may injure a person and cause a manufacturer or supplier to be held liable:
- Design defects are present in the product from the start
- Manufacturing defects are defects that occur in the process of making the product
- Marketing defects can include improper labeling, poor or inadequate instructions and insufficient safety warnings
At The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C., we provide free case reviews for people who believe they’ve been injured by defective products, including (but not limited to):
- Defective or unsafe toys that lead to choking or suffocation injuries
- Riding toys with unsafe designs that allow children to fall forward
- Unsafe cribs that have entrapment, suffocation and fall hazards
- Defective auto parts such as poorly made tires, unsafe floor mats and faulty brake systems
- Dangerous drugs that lead to serious injuries such as heart attacks and strokes
- Unsafe lighting that leads to fires
- Food products that contain undeclared allergens or are otherwise contaminated
This is just a small list of examples. If you believe you are harmed by any type of product, you should speak with an attorney to find out if you have a case.
Contact a San Diego Defective Products Lawyer
Manufacturing companies have a responsibility to American consumers and can be held accountable when their products cause harm. To speak with a defective products attorney in the San Diego area about a possible product liability claim, contact The Law Office of Melinda J. Helbock, A.P.C.